Wednesday, January 05, 2005

I am officially off my parents' insurance. They gave me about two weeks' notice which was nice of them. But now I am done. And I think I have mono. If only I hadn't been kissing Ben so much...wait a minute...that wasn't me. Anyway, now I either have to pay $260 for four months of insurance while I am in school or wait until I have a fine job that wishes to pay for my insurance. Or until I get married and the boy is forced to pay my insurance through his job. Surprisingly, he is not fond of this last choice. While I've never been much of a gambler, I may just ride through the next couple months without insurance. But this means no more of the following:
Drunken piggyback rides (I've seen where those end up)
Drunken trampolining
Basically, drunken anything fun
Hockey
Football
Naked mud wrestling
crocheting (with those needles? I don't think so)
Horseback riding (sorry Panko--guys, I'm talking about her horse, not her, although...)
Riding in a car with Xtina (those crazy NY drivers...do they even make full stops at 4 ways?)
Anything dangerously fun

Certainly I will break these rules. No naked mud wrestling? How would I live? But I will have to try and stay healthy and not broken. I've stocked up on any pills I may need in the future, and I've already spoken to the boy's sister (the nurse) to let her know I may need some favors. She said she's only got free samples of cholestoral meds and allergy stuff, so this prolly won't help me.

I am lonely. All are gone. Or if not, they are not calling me. There is the semi-annual sale at Victoria's right now and I have no one to go with. Xtima should be back tmr. Hopefully early. Think of all the glorious panties at half price or less right now. They are calling me. My precious. And I need a new bra. My parents' dog found mine and chunked up all the padding (I mean, it's all natural baby. I have no need for massive amounts of padding). And that was my favorite bra. Cleavage city. Anyway, aside from getting a new bra, here are my goals for the new year:
1) Finish thesis
2) Defend thesis in a fantastic way. Impress all staff so they talk about me for years to come
3) Really, I'd just be happy with enough thesis to graduate
4) Find fantastic job that pays really well
5) Apply for and get adjunct position--because whatever wonderful job I get prolly won't be teaching cuz I don't have my Ph.D.
6) Lose 10-15 pounds (preferably in my middle and ass) for...
7) My wedding. If we were to look at my original date(s) for getting wed, I should have been married twice by now. Oh, and Jan. 8th was another big day, so if it's really nice on Sat. someone is going to die. "You can't get married in Jan. We have so many people from out of town and the weather is bad in winter..." Arg.
8) Have a baby (wait, that's a goal for 2015)
9) Get on a schedule--take vitamins, exercise, wash face regularly, floss
10) Write more--preferably something good, something I can publish, something I can (and will!!) read at writer's bloc
11) Maintain my blog. I've never been good at journaling but this is turning out to be ok
12) Be happy. Spend more time with friends that will be leaving me in a year and less time worrying about school. Less time worrying in general. I'm not old enough to be this old.
13) Drink more. I know that sounds like a bad goal, but really, this refers to the last goal. Drinking just means I'm doing something other than worrying about school and such. It means I'm having a good time with good people (hopefully. of course, this could just mean that I stay home alone in the dark drinking and crying...but let's assume that this will mean drinking with other people)

I think that's enough for now. I'm already halfway through my list of goals for over winter break. Of course I've saved the harder ones (Work on thesis, read ahead for World Novel class, make up more in-depth syllabus) for the last two weeks. But I can happily say I can cross off "get dog haircut" and "get oil changed". I should go work on more goals. In fact, I really just turned my computer on to write up my new syllabus. Damn these blogs. P.s. Dodge--I spent waaaaay too long looking at your virtual bartender last night. Nothing was accomplished. Thanks.

1 Comments:

Blogger KC in Katoland said...

Let's party.

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home