Happy Halloween
I remember how much I used to love Halloween. Aside from Thanksgiving, it was my favorite holiday. What's better than lots of free candy? The other day my mom reminded me about the year I decided I wanted to be a leprechaun. Mom, knowing I'd probably be ridiculed, helped me dye some old fabric. I remember the best part was the glitter top hat. And I made a pipe out of duct tape. For some reason I imagined all leprechauns smoked pipe. When I wore the costume to school (we used to have costume parades around the hall) all the kids laughed and said it was the wrong holiday. And this coming from the kid dressed as a green crayon.
Another humiliating Halloween story? Certainly. It was probably 9th grade. A new teen center opened up and they were having a costume party/contest. My friends and I all dressed up (I believe that was the year I decided to be the church lady from SNL). We got there and realized that only the "popular" kids were there...and none were sporting costumes. We attempted to call the 'rents to pick us up and save us from embarrassment, but again, I think they just like to see us humiliated on holidays. So then, you'd think we'd at least have a decent shot at winning the costume contest, being that we were the only ones in costumes. But alas, right before the judging (which was rated on audience applause--we stood no chance) a few football players threw on wigs and stuffed random objects down their shirts that were, in their lumpy, squarish form were supposed to resemble boobs. Yeah, the only ones in real costumes and we didn't win the damn costume contest.But really, I do love Halloween.
Please, more stories. Oh, ok. I was waiting for my ride to the party I was heading to. I was wearing some kind of socially acceptable costume which I don't recall. The doorbell rings and I assume trick-or-treaters. I open the door and standing in front of me is Scott, wearing an adult diaper, a bib, and a smile. Later, at the party, we decided we should head downtown and watch the people "cruising" (I'll explain this hometown phenom another time). So my diaper clad friend and a very intoxicated Baby Bop headed to the main strip.
Halloween favs:
Costume: Tie between Hooters waitress and Britney Spears (Melissa also dressed as Britney, but showed way more cleavage. Probably because she could.
Party: Again, tie between the crazy picture fest at the old apartment where everyone came and I ended the night locking myself in the bathroom bawling and the one that got busted. This happened two months after turning 21. Of course they made us wait upstairs while they handed minors out to the youngins downstairs. But first they made us go outside. This was also when I was wearing the Hooters costume. I finally convinced a cop to let me go downstairs to get my coat, and in the process I grabbed one of the bottles of Captain and found some kind of space in my bright orange spandex shorts for it. Got it upstairs and I was proclaimed hero of the night. We then consumed said liquor.
Duo costume: Jay and Silent Bob. Later in the night these two went to the gas station and took pictures standing outside it. Jay does not remember this.
Guy dressed up as girl costume: This would have been my boyfriend at the time. I dressed up as Britney and he was a sort of Hooters waitress (yeah, popular costumes). The unfortunate part was 1. he fit into my tights 2. he looked like a better woman than me
Costume I never got the courage to wear: MusicTown girl from Empire Records. I wanted to wear nothing but an apron, but I wussed out and wore shorts underneath. My brothers were at that party. They did not approve.
Last Minute Attempt at Costume: The boy wanted to be Hugh Hefner so he wore this hideous robe with a Playboy in the pocket. He may have had a pipe as well. Oh, and he wore slippers.
Another humiliating Halloween story? Certainly. It was probably 9th grade. A new teen center opened up and they were having a costume party/contest. My friends and I all dressed up (I believe that was the year I decided to be the church lady from SNL). We got there and realized that only the "popular" kids were there...and none were sporting costumes. We attempted to call the 'rents to pick us up and save us from embarrassment, but again, I think they just like to see us humiliated on holidays. So then, you'd think we'd at least have a decent shot at winning the costume contest, being that we were the only ones in costumes. But alas, right before the judging (which was rated on audience applause--we stood no chance) a few football players threw on wigs and stuffed random objects down their shirts that were, in their lumpy, squarish form were supposed to resemble boobs. Yeah, the only ones in real costumes and we didn't win the damn costume contest.But really, I do love Halloween.
Please, more stories. Oh, ok. I was waiting for my ride to the party I was heading to. I was wearing some kind of socially acceptable costume which I don't recall. The doorbell rings and I assume trick-or-treaters. I open the door and standing in front of me is Scott, wearing an adult diaper, a bib, and a smile. Later, at the party, we decided we should head downtown and watch the people "cruising" (I'll explain this hometown phenom another time). So my diaper clad friend and a very intoxicated Baby Bop headed to the main strip.
Halloween favs:
Costume: Tie between Hooters waitress and Britney Spears (Melissa also dressed as Britney, but showed way more cleavage. Probably because she could.
Party: Again, tie between the crazy picture fest at the old apartment where everyone came and I ended the night locking myself in the bathroom bawling and the one that got busted. This happened two months after turning 21. Of course they made us wait upstairs while they handed minors out to the youngins downstairs. But first they made us go outside. This was also when I was wearing the Hooters costume. I finally convinced a cop to let me go downstairs to get my coat, and in the process I grabbed one of the bottles of Captain and found some kind of space in my bright orange spandex shorts for it. Got it upstairs and I was proclaimed hero of the night. We then consumed said liquor.
Duo costume: Jay and Silent Bob. Later in the night these two went to the gas station and took pictures standing outside it. Jay does not remember this.
Guy dressed up as girl costume: This would have been my boyfriend at the time. I dressed up as Britney and he was a sort of Hooters waitress (yeah, popular costumes). The unfortunate part was 1. he fit into my tights 2. he looked like a better woman than me
Costume I never got the courage to wear: MusicTown girl from Empire Records. I wanted to wear nothing but an apron, but I wussed out and wore shorts underneath. My brothers were at that party. They did not approve.
Last Minute Attempt at Costume: The boy wanted to be Hugh Hefner so he wore this hideous robe with a Playboy in the pocket. He may have had a pipe as well. Oh, and he wore slippers.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home