Saturday, January 01, 2005

A Great Start to a New Year

My night in review:
With the exception of the "sober" drivers, I was the least drunk at my party last night. This proved helpful at the end of the night while I picked up after two vomiting boys and those other boys. I maintained a healthy buzz the entire evening, and that's really all I needed. It was also nice to wake up this morning and not feel my head spinning or vomit so violently I broke blood vessels in my eyelids (note New Year's party '03 and mid semester this year thanks to the Donna class).

The night started innocently enough. Preston came and left. The Drevs came, though apparently he had already been partying. This boy, who lives umm...about 3 blocks away and only requires getting on a single road to get to my house, calls me because he is lost. I realize he is on the wrong side of the road. Then, as I wait for him outside of my house (still on the phone with him) I wave him down as he drives past my house. I let him know that he needs to reverse. He finally makes it and we share beer and Southpark. Well, actually at that time I was enjoying my New Year's margarita. mmmm.

Preston returns. We decide it's a fine night for Circle of Death. So I switch to the more chugger friendly beer. I realized quickly how being the only girl is not good. Somehow every sentence had me doing something inappropriate.

Oh, the Speardane and Chadley showed up. Chad introduces us to friend Dave. At this point, Chad is the sober driver. This changes.

Ben invites boy friend over. Also a sober driver. Eventually new friends takes a very drunk Ben to the bar because "there are more girls there." I guess I just can't satisfy seven men. I'm ok with that.

Cards continue. Calls were made to the East coast folks at their New Years. We later realize we missed the ball drop. Matt, who had TiVoed the whole show, rewinds to find that there was in fact no ball that dropped. Perhaps we were just too drunk and didn't notice, but we were all convinced that it didn't happen. I decided we would do our own countdown (I just wanted to run around kissing everyone). I found out that Chad cannot do pushups with me on his back, nor can he hold Everclear shots. That was a mistake. Soon he was in the bathroom vomiting. I believe pictures were taken. Then I realized the boy was in our bedroom, also vomiting. Thankfully Preston had gotten the garbage can over to the bed. Then Preston proceeded to mock the boy because he had never seen him throw up from drinking. It was about this time I decided the party was over. Speardane got a ride with Dave, who at some point had become the sober driver. I think it was when Chad started taking Vanilla Ice shots and Speardane made him a martini. Boys left, I found the bedroom garbage can and took it straight to the garage. Found a little leftover in the bathroom and cleaned it up. Took a look at the glasses of beer, martini, random mixed drinks on the table and decided there was nothing that couldn't wait until morning. Went into the bedroom, realized sleeping next to a man with vomit on his breath was not a good idea, and took my pillow into the living room.

All in all it was not a terrible night. Which makes me happy because I've had bad luck with New Years' in the past. A story for another time. Sorry I can't provide pics of the festivities, but I was one of the few who did not get a digital camera for Xmas. Well, Happy New Year. Peace out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

LIES AND INACCURACIES!

1) First, I DID do a push-up with you on my back, and I have photographic proof.

2) It was yours and the boy's diabolical little ruse to switch mine and Speardane's shots at the last minute from nice, frou-frou (Quote of the night: "Can you drizzle mine with chocolate on the outside?" --Matt) Vanilla drinks to a shot of 196 PROOF GASOLINE. Vengeance will be mine someday.

3) It was Dave who decided shortly after we got there that he was the only one who actually HAD to drive since he lives in Madison Lake. It was only after Dave pointed this out that I started to drink martinis. Yo soy repsonsible.

These deceptions aside, your account is accurate. And the fiesta was awesome...muchas gracias, senorita. (Apparently I've abandoned my French for espanol in the new year. Huh. An unforeseen development.)

See you soon, Sween!

--Chard

9:06 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Yeah, I'm sort of po'd I missed the Chad puking too. Good times in Mankato!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Anskov said...

Katy - there is NO way you were the most sober one. You were as rip-roarin' as Chad, Preston and I were. Chad's comments set the record straight. (I did have fun in spite of the Everclear shot - for which I will never forgive you.

Let's do it again next year.

3:57 PM  
Blogger KC in Katoland said...

Ok, so yes, I switched the Chad's last shot. That was sneaky of me. And something I only would have done if I was drunk because, clearly, giving someone a shot of near gasoline at the end of an already drunktastic night is not a good idea. However, I had nothing to do with Matt mistakenly drinking Everclear. That was his fault for drinking the shot Preston left out. Also, I declare that I was sober enough to do the following: 1) Make sure drunk boys had nondrunk boy ride home
2)Remove garbage can of the boy's vomit from bedroom. Put can directly into outside garbage can
3) Found carpet cleaner and Febreeze for bedroom
4) Blew out scented candle in bathroom
5) Turned off crock pot of homemade soup (there's no better party than one that has homemade chicken wild rice ready for you at your most toasted moment--only to be immediately thrown up) and put leftovers in the fridge
6) Put the sick boy into his jammies
7) Let dog out to go potty

Clearly all of this indicates some kind of soberness.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home