Somewhere, Not Here
Somewhere, not here, I smile because there’s no reason not to.
There’s a single bird flying through the single cloud in the sky.
The single bird smiles, because it has no reason not to.
Somewhere, not here, I have a twin who pinches me when I’m sleeping.
She puts her pants on backwards and her shoes on the wrong feet.
We speak our secret twin language in public and tell jokes that aren’t very funny.
Somewhere, not here, I’m offered a banana and a firm handshake.
I take the banana, the handshake, and dance to a silent jazz tune.
Somewhere, not here, a frog kisses my cheek.
I turn to kiss him back, but he has hopped away.
Somewhere, not here, I am still smiling
because I have a twin and a banana.
Because I have a handshake and a jazz tune and a frog kiss.
And because I’m somewhere, not here.
-Anonymous
Somewhere, not here, I smile because there’s no reason not to.
There’s a single bird flying through the single cloud in the sky.
The single bird smiles, because it has no reason not to.
Somewhere, not here, I have a twin who pinches me when I’m sleeping.
She puts her pants on backwards and her shoes on the wrong feet.
We speak our secret twin language in public and tell jokes that aren’t very funny.
Somewhere, not here, I’m offered a banana and a firm handshake.
I take the banana, the handshake, and dance to a silent jazz tune.
Somewhere, not here, a frog kisses my cheek.
I turn to kiss him back, but he has hopped away.
Somewhere, not here, I am still smiling
because I have a twin and a banana.
Because I have a handshake and a jazz tune and a frog kiss.
And because I’m somewhere, not here.
-Anonymous
1 Comments:
Sometimes I wish I was somewhere, not here
Aruba would be nice
Post a Comment
<< Home