Wednesday, April 13, 2005

If Dodge wants updates...

...then I'll write them. But really, when I don't write it's just cuz I don't have anything to say. (And sometimes it's just because I want to see if people are paying attention. Apparently Dodge is.) My grandpa was a brilliant man. He'd always say "If you don't have anything smart to say, don't say anything. People will think you're stupid, but by speaking, people will know you're stupid." Yeah, I realize someone famous said this (Twain?). So, point is I didn't have anything worth writing. Now? Maybe.

We just got a new car. No, not a car to replace the old one, but a new one. This is important to know. Why? Because it's the first new car I've ever driven, and certainly ever owned. My parents have never owned a new car. The boy's parents have never owned a new car. I always thought the idea of a new car was a little silly. But with rebates and discounts for being in college (I knew someday this advanced degree would pay off) it ended up being the cheapest way to go. Now I'm just scared to death of driving.

So was I on a little high when I came home? Yeah. For about two seconds before I let the dog out of the bathroom (he's made the whole house his bathroom the last couple weeks). He had crapped all over the floor. And next to his water dish I saw what I foolishly believed to be, um, spilled water. Nope. It was pee. Lots of pee. He just established the fact that I am not yet ready for children. This was also established when the car salesguy started talking about the special features for child safety seats. I think I threw up in my mouth a little.

Special thanks to Speardane for the lovely Manilow CD. Did I rock out to "Mandy" many, many times last night instead of writing my lit review? You bet your ass I did. I changed the words to "Matty" Could I be referring to you or the man I'm about to marry? I'll let you think about that one. I did, afterall, promise great sex for the tunes. Can we have Barry in the background?

Uhhh....yeah. My brother and his girlfriend found an apartment for next year. In Mankato. About 3/4 mile from me. My other brother and wife purchased a house in the Iron Range---very northern MN? Not quite sure on the geographics of this. We're going to Iowa this weekend to see the boy's very pregnant sister-in-law. She could blow at any time, so I asked her if she could try and fit it in a around Sat. before we go.

Dodge--they're giving away a trampoline on mankato free cycle (Yahoo groups). I can see if it's still available. It doesn't have a mat either, but apparently young children's safety is not a huge concern at the FN Ranch. Really. It is a trampoline. If they're going to get hurt it's not because they fell through the springs. Nope. It's far more likely they'd fly off and break something, very possibly a neck or other vital body part. Oh, to be young and insured.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What kind of car? What color is it? Does it smell good? Can I ride in it? Can I be any more annoying?

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home