Why didn't I elope?
Yesterday I finally had time to let it hit me: I will be married in three weeks. Up until this point the whole idea has sort of been sliding by me without notice. Like those last few weeks of grad school/teaching. I may never teach again, and yet, that last day came and went without any indication that I noticed at all. Like sleeping through the climax chapters and missing the whole plot. That's what this is.
In the next three weeks I have the following to do: 1.) finish my downstairs bathroom (this entails mudding, taping, primering, painting, putting up a mirror, making light, putting in a shower door, putting in a regular door. ) Actually, this one needs to be done by next weekend so that I may 2.) Have a shower (which is going to be at my place so I need to) 3.) Clean my house like crazy. I'm talking wiping down the fridge and areas you can't even see without standing on a ladder. Oh yeah, and the boy and I bought each other wedding gifts: a new bed and an entire bedroom set. We'll be paying off our "gift" to each other interest-free for the next 38 months. But before the furniture comes on Friday (one day before the shower, mind you) I will need to repaint the bedroom. If I was feeling ambitious I would repaint the bathroom too; this time with paint that does NOT come off with water.
As far as wedding stuff goes, I need to: find a dj (which reminds me...if any of you do this, or know someone, I have the equipment and $100 for 4 hours of work. Which really won't be work either, cuz we'll have the music ready and everything. Just once in a while you say something and make sure songs don't repeated. I'm looking straight at Matt's friends on this one...). I need to get ahold of our JP and find out just what the program is that day. Then I need to make programs. I need to buy chocolates and nuts, necklaces and earrings and gifts, flowers, cake, and about a million other things. I need people to start RSVPing so I don't have to call them. Did I mention we don't have a honeymoon planned yet? Apparently the boy and his work schedule don't allow for it until...maybe September.
Oh, did I mention that I'm also trying madly to finish my thesis so I have a flying chance at the best job ever for me? I mean, I remember about 6 months ago when I said "Man, I would LOVE to have this kind of job." And it's open. Now. And I want it like I've never wanted anything before. And it's certainly not a money thing cuz I looked up the salary--nothing impressive. But damn it, I want this. So yes, in the last weeks before me wedding I am also writing a thesis, vying for a job, and building a basement. Tell me, why didn't I choose the nice wedding on a boat idea? That would have been lovely.
In the next three weeks I have the following to do: 1.) finish my downstairs bathroom (this entails mudding, taping, primering, painting, putting up a mirror, making light, putting in a shower door, putting in a regular door. ) Actually, this one needs to be done by next weekend so that I may 2.) Have a shower (which is going to be at my place so I need to) 3.) Clean my house like crazy. I'm talking wiping down the fridge and areas you can't even see without standing on a ladder. Oh yeah, and the boy and I bought each other wedding gifts: a new bed and an entire bedroom set. We'll be paying off our "gift" to each other interest-free for the next 38 months. But before the furniture comes on Friday (one day before the shower, mind you) I will need to repaint the bedroom. If I was feeling ambitious I would repaint the bathroom too; this time with paint that does NOT come off with water.
As far as wedding stuff goes, I need to: find a dj (which reminds me...if any of you do this, or know someone, I have the equipment and $100 for 4 hours of work. Which really won't be work either, cuz we'll have the music ready and everything. Just once in a while you say something and make sure songs don't repeated. I'm looking straight at Matt's friends on this one...). I need to get ahold of our JP and find out just what the program is that day. Then I need to make programs. I need to buy chocolates and nuts, necklaces and earrings and gifts, flowers, cake, and about a million other things. I need people to start RSVPing so I don't have to call them. Did I mention we don't have a honeymoon planned yet? Apparently the boy and his work schedule don't allow for it until...maybe September.
Oh, did I mention that I'm also trying madly to finish my thesis so I have a flying chance at the best job ever for me? I mean, I remember about 6 months ago when I said "Man, I would LOVE to have this kind of job." And it's open. Now. And I want it like I've never wanted anything before. And it's certainly not a money thing cuz I looked up the salary--nothing impressive. But damn it, I want this. So yes, in the last weeks before me wedding I am also writing a thesis, vying for a job, and building a basement. Tell me, why didn't I choose the nice wedding on a boat idea? That would have been lovely.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home