Thursday, November 04, 2004

My ears are still ringing and I have a feeling it may last awhile

So I just got back from the BEP concert. I do have to say that they are performers. But if you don't like ten minute instrumentals, they're not for you. I was sorely disappointed at the number of undergrads wearing outfits with less material than my last bathing suit. I've also realized that larger women should not wear skin tight white shirts. And that the boy is aroused by disturbingly 80s outfits. She was wearing a neon yellow-green and white striped shirt and a white mini-skirt. Maybe it was the scantily cladness (yeah, I've decided it's a word) of the undergrad, but I'm still freaked out by it. I'm also debated over who had the better drum solo--the BEP guy who was juggling drum sticks while playing or the Blink 182 drummer who played while suspended from the ceiling on a spinning platform. I'm leaning towards the Blink boy. Of course, this was BEFORE he got a mohawk and was still hot. Now he is just a freaky guy with a few too many naked lady tattoos.

Side note: Today on MSN the headline was "How Bush pulled it off." I was disturbed. And not just because of the disturbing sexual images that came to mind. Bush?! Ach, I never pick a winner...although I guess I was in the majority for MN. I'm still trying to get the boy to tell me who he voted for. He finds it amusing that I've never really been sure which way he leans.

Second side note: I threw up yesterday in the bathroom at school. And it was near the end of the day so there's a good chance my face was 3 inches from about 800 butts. The boy said he finds it easier to throw up the closer he puts his face to the toilet. I concured. What it the flu? Was it bad food? I'm going to bet it was stress and the fact that I was overly tired from working on my annotations until 2am. And then a certain Dr. You're-so-stupid-how-did-you-ever-get-into-college-i-can't-believe-you-teach-this-stuff-you-are-lazy-what-do-you-mean-you-didn't-get-the-8-billion-pages-read-that-were-due-today-I-got-it-all-done-because-I-am-a-zombie tells me I'm doing everything wrong. But I feel better now. At least until my "conference" tomorrow. As if I need someone to tell me I'm not getting the bazillion assignments done. No shit. (can I swear in the blog? I don't believe I've tried yet. Hmm...)

Third side note: I have no lesson plans for tomorrow. And I wore sweat pants all day. And ate Jess's almond cookies. Am I bloated? Yes. Do I care? No. Do I need to go to sleep? Yes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home