Yesterday on Manager watch...
Four guys sat in a booth. A moment later they got up and moved to a bigger table. I'm trying to get drinks for another server cuz Manager (who's really owner, so I should call him that) just thoughtfully double-sat her. I'm clearly busy and he says "Why don't you go wipe off that booth." I look at him. I look at the booths. I don't see any dirty booths.
"Which booth?"
"The one those guys just left."
"The guys who just moved to another table?"
"Yes."
Arg. Of course they must have made a mess in the half-second they were there. It all makes sense now. I see why he has lots of money and a new Corvette and I am a silly server.
Later there was a group of nearby business owners waiting for other manager for a meeting. They of course fill up my only large table and ask for pop. Later I ask Owner whether I should charge them for pop, you know, cuz it's about 3 cents.
"Of course you should charge them. I don't go to their business and expect a free tv. Or to their business and expect free flowers. Or to their business and expect free paint. Or to..."
"Yep, thanks Owner-man. I get it."
Except that I don't. Yeah, you prolly wouldn't get a free television from them, but chances are they'd give you a drink if you asked for it.
My only other table was a group of three guys taking a break from work. Problem was they worked on a hog farm. And while the smell slightly reminded my of my grandma's house on a windy day, that kind of smell contained in a small spot is not entirely pleasant. They stunk up my whole section and half the restaurant. People who were sat in my section moved before I could get them drinks. Maybe this was my own fault. Not five minutes earlier I asked the host to seat me with sexy firefighters. I think he heard "smelly farmer." We grabbed the Lysol after they left. I wonder if people do that to my uncle. If that's why he never married.
"Which booth?"
"The one those guys just left."
"The guys who just moved to another table?"
"Yes."
Arg. Of course they must have made a mess in the half-second they were there. It all makes sense now. I see why he has lots of money and a new Corvette and I am a silly server.
Later there was a group of nearby business owners waiting for other manager for a meeting. They of course fill up my only large table and ask for pop. Later I ask Owner whether I should charge them for pop, you know, cuz it's about 3 cents.
"Of course you should charge them. I don't go to their business and expect a free tv. Or to their business and expect free flowers. Or to their business and expect free paint. Or to..."
"Yep, thanks Owner-man. I get it."
Except that I don't. Yeah, you prolly wouldn't get a free television from them, but chances are they'd give you a drink if you asked for it.
My only other table was a group of three guys taking a break from work. Problem was they worked on a hog farm. And while the smell slightly reminded my of my grandma's house on a windy day, that kind of smell contained in a small spot is not entirely pleasant. They stunk up my whole section and half the restaurant. People who were sat in my section moved before I could get them drinks. Maybe this was my own fault. Not five minutes earlier I asked the host to seat me with sexy firefighters. I think he heard "smelly farmer." We grabbed the Lysol after they left. I wonder if people do that to my uncle. If that's why he never married.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home