Sunday, January 29, 2006

Grievances a la Smith

I don't know if it's because it's that time o' the month combined with a nasty cold, combined with yet another gray Minnesota day, but I'm finding myself whipping through emotions. Highs followed by immediate lows. I had a theory once that bipolar could be in two forms: the obvious one, and one that's more frequent. Lows and highs in the same day. Not weeks of being bed ridden then weeks of obsessive house cleaning or something. Really happy and then immediately unhappy. That's me. Maybe I'm just more emotional than the average person. And maybe, like I said, it's them hormones kickin' in again.

For Xtina: I think winter kicked my ass this year. I need some UVs in a major way.

For Smith: You got me on the grievance kick. You've heard some of them, but I'm starting to believe they all stem from me and how I perceive things. I had a brilliant moment in the car as I drove back home (Kato) from home (Otown). I was rocking out to Bon Jovi (then sadly Billy Joel), and I decided I'm at the point where I want to change things. My things. To work harder for the things that I really want (a job, a finished thesis, a smaller ass, fiction or nonfiction or whatever comes out). Unfortunately, though, nursing a hangover was not how I intended to spend the first day of my revolution. In great Katy style I suppose I'll put it off for tomorrow.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

I swear you and I should have a contest to see who can procrastinate the finishing of the thesis any longer. We are both so close, yet it seems so far! I'll work on it if you work on it.:)

10:21 PM  
Blogger KC in Katoland said...

Deal. Although the Donna has put me on a schedule. This week I do final revisions on intro and review of lit. Next week it's chapter 1. Then Chapter 2 and conclusion (I don't know if that's one week or two--chap. 2 needs a lot of work). So by her math, I'll be done in one month. Of course, Chapter 1 was to be finished today and I managed not to even start yet. Ha. But yes, the contest is on. Winner and loser both drink to celebrate.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I am so on with that. DEAL:)

8:37 PM  
Blogger christina said...

I call the complex where Smith currently resides the UC because when I first moved here it was called "University Courtyard," though now it is under new management and called "Summit Park" or something. Hence she is at the UC and you are sort of behind it.

Winter sucks. I may or may not have conquered my SAD - we'll see what Feb. brings.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home