Tuesday, April 10, 2007

In case anyone ever reads this anymore, this is what I've been doing:

The boy and I got back from Vegas around 2:30am today. We didn't win big, but we didn't lose our asses either. I'd say we came out about even. And yes, I did throw some money into a few machines, five dollars at a time. I winced when the boy's friends would put in a twenty. Then twenty more. Then twenty more to finally hit a seventy dollar payout. I won ten dollars on a Star Wars machine. I won seventy-five on a bass fishing game. You had the choice of four fishermen and I always chose the old guy because he reminded me of my grandpa.

I got sick the moment I stepped off the plane there. I blamed allergies and musty hotel rooms and the dry air, but it might have just been a cold. I'm suffering the last little bits of a stuffy nose and weak cough.

We went to one of those Vegas-style shows, the late show where the girls didn't wear tops. I happily compared the flatness of their chests to my own. So what if they had great legs and a tight butt?

The temps were above average there--85 and 86. We spent most afternoons by the pool. I got a little sunburned on our second to last day there, on our 3-miles one way hike to a Dennys I remembered being closer so I could get some pancakes. The whole trip--walking there, waiting in line, eating, walking back, took over three hours. It's unbelievable the distance between a couple hotels.

Also, our hotel had a mirror behind the bed, on the wall next to the bed, and on the ceiling. And the boy was approached by hookers our first night there. He said it made him feel good to be asked.

**

I am once again looking for a job. I suppose I was always looking for a job, never believing that my temp job would turn into a permanent thing, but now I am doing it full time. With my calculations, if I don't find a job in the next three days I will be broke by the end of the month. Yippee.

1 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

That fishing game is a video slot called "Reel 'Em In." I know it oh so well, and I'm so excited you played it that I stopped in mid-sentence to comment on it. Now I have to go read the rest of your post.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home