Goals for the day
So lately I've reverted back to making goal lists for the week. Generally I get about 60% done. The average is higher if I look at just the stuff I need to do for classes--maybe 80%. Of course, if my lists included anything like: Write a paper that accentuates my skills in the English arena, I would have, umm, a zero percent completion rating. I could play for the Marlins. Never the Yankees (as if I would EVER play for them anyway...even if they begged). Ach, I think I am still a little woozy from the two bottles of fine gherfentiewele (?!) wine that the boy and I took down last night. We were in the middle of Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. I managed to keep my eyes open long enough for a glimpse of Christian Slater. Then, I spent several moments reminiscing about my preteen crush on the man. Particularly in...ach...can't remember film name...where he was the dj in his basement or something. Help me out folks.
Yesterday I picked up my 4 rolls of fillm. I always wanted to be one of those folks who has oodles of pictures to pick up and then spends 20 minutes in the parking lot looking them over. The boy and I weren't quite sure what we would get, and I was afraid it was going to be like the last time--I thought I had the lost rolls of our trip to Mexico, the roll where I was dancing on the bar with the hottie Spanish waiters. No such luck. It was a bunch of pictures of the boy's family christmas--taken about ten years ago, maybe more. I was none too impressed with the tinseled tree, a pile of presents, his sister and a vacuum cleaner. And I had gotten doubles. And it was APS. It ended up being $10 for some really crappy photos. But this time, it was in fact the missing Mexico rolls. The same ones the boy had been accusing me of losing for the last year and a half. And where were these rolls? IN HIS LAPTOP BAG. That's another point for me.
Anyway, back to the whole list thing. What I was getting at was my list for the weekend. I've already fulfilled number 5--getting drunk with a small amount of wine and passing out with thoughts of CS in my head. But there are more. Maybe I can get an 80% completion rate. I don't even try for perfection anymore.
1. Finish book with short stories I am supposed to write paper on
2. Create wonderful draft of paper (ok, maybe half a draft because I'm doubtful I'll get 12-15 pages cranked out this weekend)
3. Read most or all of Brothers Karamazov for Tuesday class
4. Read most...or at least 5 pages...of book for Wed. night class
5. see above
6. Create flawless lesson plans for Wed. when the man is sitting in to observe me. This means no discussion of readings because 1. they don't read and 2. they don't discuss
7. Buy treadmill
8. Hang clothes on treadmill (wait, I mean, run on treadmill)
9. Help the boy finish sheetrocking bathroom, run wiring, put in insulation
10. Clean office
11. Laundry...yes, I have nearly 100 pairs of underwear (I counted last month), but I'm running low. It is definitely time to wash some clothes.
That sounds like a doable list. Except for the first 9. And 11 isn't looking so good either.
P.s. Why am I up? It's 9 o'clock on a Saturday (the regular crowd shuffles in). Ahh, I am in love with Billy Joel. Didn't he just marry a 23 year old? Does that mean I still have a chance? Hmm. Note to self: Add "write marriage proposal letter to Billy Joel" as number 12 on the list. I have about as much chance completing that as I do any of the others.
Yesterday I picked up my 4 rolls of fillm. I always wanted to be one of those folks who has oodles of pictures to pick up and then spends 20 minutes in the parking lot looking them over. The boy and I weren't quite sure what we would get, and I was afraid it was going to be like the last time--I thought I had the lost rolls of our trip to Mexico, the roll where I was dancing on the bar with the hottie Spanish waiters. No such luck. It was a bunch of pictures of the boy's family christmas--taken about ten years ago, maybe more. I was none too impressed with the tinseled tree, a pile of presents, his sister and a vacuum cleaner. And I had gotten doubles. And it was APS. It ended up being $10 for some really crappy photos. But this time, it was in fact the missing Mexico rolls. The same ones the boy had been accusing me of losing for the last year and a half. And where were these rolls? IN HIS LAPTOP BAG. That's another point for me.
Anyway, back to the whole list thing. What I was getting at was my list for the weekend. I've already fulfilled number 5--getting drunk with a small amount of wine and passing out with thoughts of CS in my head. But there are more. Maybe I can get an 80% completion rate. I don't even try for perfection anymore.
1. Finish book with short stories I am supposed to write paper on
2. Create wonderful draft of paper (ok, maybe half a draft because I'm doubtful I'll get 12-15 pages cranked out this weekend)
3. Read most or all of Brothers Karamazov for Tuesday class
4. Read most...or at least 5 pages...of book for Wed. night class
5. see above
6. Create flawless lesson plans for Wed. when the man is sitting in to observe me. This means no discussion of readings because 1. they don't read and 2. they don't discuss
7. Buy treadmill
8. Hang clothes on treadmill (wait, I mean, run on treadmill)
9. Help the boy finish sheetrocking bathroom, run wiring, put in insulation
10. Clean office
11. Laundry...yes, I have nearly 100 pairs of underwear (I counted last month), but I'm running low. It is definitely time to wash some clothes.
That sounds like a doable list. Except for the first 9. And 11 isn't looking so good either.
P.s. Why am I up? It's 9 o'clock on a Saturday (the regular crowd shuffles in). Ahh, I am in love with Billy Joel. Didn't he just marry a 23 year old? Does that mean I still have a chance? Hmm. Note to self: Add "write marriage proposal letter to Billy Joel" as number 12 on the list. I have about as much chance completing that as I do any of the others.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home