Coming down from euphoria
Why is it that the UPS guy always comes right around the time you planned to shower? I waited around all day for the damn package and then I realized I had to shower; I couldn't stand my own smell anymore. So I thoughtfully left a note telling the UPS guy that I was in the garage and would not hear him and would he kindly leave my package on the steps. I signed it. It looked official. Of course, it was a computer for the boy's dad so I was already pretty sure the note would not work. If I missed the door, I missed the package. But, with note on door I hopped into the shower. I scrubbed and shampooed and shaved quickly so as not to miss the UPS guy. Having just stepped out of the shower and beginning to ponder what I should wear, I hear the dog barking. I knew the UPS guy was close. I ran into the bedroom. The doorbell rings. I debate answering the door in my towel as I frantically search for my bathrobe. The UPS guy knocks. I realize the bathrobe is nowhere to be found and that I wouldn't really want to wear a robe to the door anyway. It's no better than a towel. So a grab a slinky black dress from the closet knowing it slips on easily. As the knocking ceases I run down the steps, making a quick check that my boobs and/or ass are not hanging out anywhere. I laugh and say "I knew the note wouldn't work." He smiled at me with that "AHA! I caught you in the shower and wish you came down in your towel" look. He thinks to himself how his woman in shower radar needs a bit more tweaking because it gave me too much time to find a slinky dress. Ach.
Oh, and the euphoria. It's gone. I spent another day abandoning my school/teaching duties to wallow and convince myself that I need to play more spider solitaire. I sat on my couch and came dangerously close to weeping for my sorry life. I ate Pasta-roni and decided I was destined to be fat so I should stop fighting it. Then I ate chocolate. After the UPS incident I went to find real clothes, not the black slinky one that I only wear to funerals. I got angry because of the piles of dirty clothes everywhere. Angry that I have to wash them. That they refuse to go away on their own. I got angry because the only pair of pants I own at the moment that don't make me feel like a fat cow are dirty. I contemplated wearing them anyway. I realized I have done this the last 3 days. I contemplate doing laundry. I settle for a mountain dew and some quality time with my blog. I hate winter. I hate it being dark at 4pm. I hate going into school in the dark and leaving in the dark. Maybe it's time for Casey to start taking the crazy pills again. Or to start drinking more.
Oh, and the euphoria. It's gone. I spent another day abandoning my school/teaching duties to wallow and convince myself that I need to play more spider solitaire. I sat on my couch and came dangerously close to weeping for my sorry life. I ate Pasta-roni and decided I was destined to be fat so I should stop fighting it. Then I ate chocolate. After the UPS incident I went to find real clothes, not the black slinky one that I only wear to funerals. I got angry because of the piles of dirty clothes everywhere. Angry that I have to wash them. That they refuse to go away on their own. I got angry because the only pair of pants I own at the moment that don't make me feel like a fat cow are dirty. I contemplated wearing them anyway. I realized I have done this the last 3 days. I contemplate doing laundry. I settle for a mountain dew and some quality time with my blog. I hate winter. I hate it being dark at 4pm. I hate going into school in the dark and leaving in the dark. Maybe it's time for Casey to start taking the crazy pills again. Or to start drinking more.

4 Comments:
Casey:
First Smith, now you. I don't know enough about happy pills to say yes, you should go on them, but I do think you should drink more. Maybe not more. Maybe just more often.
Put on your slinkiest black dress and come over, I'll make you feel better.
OK, that read like something out of a Bret Easton Ellis novel. Wow. Will you marry me?
First of all, who is that? Second of all, who are you? Finally, maybe.
I'm gonna get a job working for UPS and get on your route, Sween.
Post a Comment
<< Home