Wednesday, December 01, 2004

So yes, I have done more than vomit cinnamin sticks in the last week. However, I feel the burning sensation every time I think about what has to been done in the next week. Today I managed to kick a student in the ass while being *sorta* nice about it. While she's turned in the last couple papers, none of the drafts were close to having the necessary qualifications of college work. Yes, she's been sick and had to work and blah blah blah. I'm sure I have no idea what that's like. Oh wait a minute, yeah I do. Except all of my responsibilities involve grad work and TAship thus qualifying itself as far more important and/or difficult and time consuming. Huh, I should be doing that grad stuff now. But alas, I have just had the biggest burrito of my life (beware of me later today) and my full tummy says no more early American women's poetry or it shall empty itself all over my anthology. Teehee. I had to explain to a couple students last week what an anthology was. Ach. If only I could have gotten through college without picking up an anthology.

What else is new? Oh wait, that would be nothing because my life is consumed by scholastical work at the moment. Did I see gangbanging dwarfs? no. Did I get to look at extra long shoe horns for tall people at IKEA? no. Am I whining? yes. Ach. I did get an email today telling me that the paper I submitted by my student last semester (back when they had personalities and didn't sleep and/or email and/or talk during my class) was an honorable mention in the composition merit awards and will be featured in a journal. This means one of two things. The student's writing is brilliant, or I am the best teacher in the world. Let's just assume it's number 2 cuz at the moment I have to have some reason to keep teaching. It's certainly not the loving gazes they send my way when I've taught them wonderful grammatical rules and how to cite magazine articles in a research paper. Hmm. I heard a lot of dentists kill themselves. Sounds like a happier job than mine right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home