Which will come first--a finished thesis or a real job?
With exceptions like a night at the Highland house, half a progressive dinner, Olympics, apple crisp, and the first Mighty Ducks, I spent the weekend working on my thesis and attempting to make it to a job interview. Except that instead of getting to the interview, I went into the ditch. Even with Smith as my trusty co-pilot trying to grab the wheel, I managed to put the new! car into the ditch. For once Smith was wearing practical shoes, which helped when she tried to push me out. After twenty minutes on the phone with AAA guy trying to tell me where he thought I was and ignoring the fact that I KNEW where I was, we were told a tow truck was on its way. The truck pulls out and out pops what Smith described as "a less-sexy Walter Matthau." When I scrunched up my nose at that, she clarified: "Not, that, um, Walter Matthau is sexy either." Thankfully the place was willing to reschedule the interview.
I finished my chapter revision. Only one more chapter and a conclusion to revise. And a defense, though it seems like I've been defending myself this whole eight months. With my luck with interviews, my money is on the thesis.
I finished my chapter revision. Only one more chapter and a conclusion to revise. And a defense, though it seems like I've been defending myself this whole eight months. With my luck with interviews, my money is on the thesis.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home